Social SEO is an online marketing strategy that combines traditional SEO tactics with social media influence to help increase brand visibility and user engagement. As social media continues to evolve and grow at an ever increasing pace, it’s important that business owners and online marketers start integrating these powerful strategies.
Here are 5 ways you can use Social SEO to improve your online marketing and community engagement.
- Make sure you have a presence on the most popular social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and others.
- Install the related social media icons on your website in a prominent position preferably in the top left or right side of the homepage. Be sure to have social media sharing buttons on your content pages so visitors can share your content if they find it valuable.
- Optimize your social profiles with keywords your targeting in your SEO campaign, and be sure to use them in your messaging where appropriate.
- Include relevant links in your social messages that lead visitors to helpful pages on your site.
- Leverage the use of a blog to consistently create content that’s of interest to your target market. Creating additional webpages can also be a means of generating fresh content that others may want to share.
How will Social SEO help my search rankings?
The skill of a well executed Social SEO campaign comes into play when your in the content and message discovery process. Your web visitors aren’t going to share content they don’t think is well written, thoughtful and interesting to others. For this reason, you should take time to really think about content topics and messaging to ensure they will be engaging, humorous, valuable or educational to your audience.
The best way to to do this would be to put yourself in your target markets shoes, and think if you were to interact with your social channels, what topics and messages would resonate with you?
The main objective of any Social SEO campaign will be to have your web visitors share your content with their personal community by either “liking, tweeting, G+1 or sharing” your web content. By infusing your website with these Social SEO tactics, you’re signaling to the search engines that your website content is valuable and interesting to a wide audience which in turn may result in higher search rankings and more traffic.
Matthew is not only passionate about online marketing, but also staying active and living a healthy lifestyle. He enjoys electronic music, cooking, working out and consistently learning. Having the opportunity to build relationships with various colleagues throughout the industry, and working with such talented people is a part of Matthew’s career he’s very grateful to have.
Latest posts by Matthew Travers (see all)
- 3 SEO Concepts That Should Never Change Even When Algorithms Do - September 26, 2017
- Important Factors to Consider For Website SEO - May 17, 2017
- Automotive Dealer Digital Marketing Best Practices - March 22, 2017