CLIENT Riddle Village
INDUSTRY Retirement/Senior Living Community
CAMPAIGN TYPE Responsive Site Design, SEO, Social Media Strategy
GOAL Increased lead generation through a mobile-‐friendly site, social media strategy, and SEO with a localized focus.
STRATEGY Using client input narrative and audience research, create a responsive web site experience that tells the unique story of Riddle Village and uses specially tailored social media and web content to attract new leads.
Background & Goals
Riddle Village came to LTC needing a new site, social media presence, and overall improved digital lead generation. While their existing site was functional, they were missing the desired usability, tone, and “wow factor” that would attract an audience seeking information about qualified retirement communities. In addition, growing competition in the marketplace for local retirement communities was keeping Riddle Village from gaining a solid foothold for non-‐branded organic search placement.
Strategy & Execution
Our first step was to interview the Riddle Village team extensively about its brand and to learn what sets them apart from other retirement communities in their market. Second, set out to create a site and user experience devoted to communicating the Riddle Village story to every possible generation: potential residents, as well as all those involved in the decision, such as children and possibly grandchildren.
One of the key features of the new site is the “Virtual Tour,” which lets prospective residents and their families really get to know the facility and its features, regardless of what device they’re using to view it. This leads to an immediate familiarity with the facility when they first visit Riddle Village in person.
Within the first 90 days of the launch of the new responsive site, the numbers look great. So far, here’s what we’ve seen in terms of organic and localized search:
- 400% growth in overall visibility. This metric judges the short-‐ and long-‐tail phrases we’re competing for, local (“map”) search results, and overall improvement in how we rank for them:
- Rankings for critical in-‐market phrases. The phrase “in-‐market” has a dual meaning for us. We judge our results for not only the retirement community vertical, but for searches performed with local intent. Following is an example of improvement in broad, competitive terms:
- Our traditional organic listings have seen excellent growth as well. For terms with and without a geographic intention, our organic rankings have excelled at the top and middle of the keyword curve:
- In our specific geographic market, our “map” placement has grown significantly, putting Riddle Village in contention for terms for which it historically ranked poorly, or not at all:
- These rankings improvements translate into significant visibility boosts on Google. In just the last 60 days, our organic search impressions have increased 15%, while map impressions have increased 25%:
- We also know that visits and impressions are nothing without actions. In the same period, site visits and direction request are both up 50%, while telephone calls directly from the search results page have doubled:
With a successful recent launch of a responsive, content-‐optimized site, we’re off and running with new initiatives. We’ve added an email marketing program and beefed up the social media content. We’re gaining valuable insight on device-‐specific user behavior and contact requests, and the increased lead count has resulted in additional leads due to a very happy client.