If you have a local business with a physical storefront, it’s vital that local customers can easily find your website when searching for your product or service online. Onpage signals for local SEO help to optimize your website to make sure people within your area can easily find you.
Here are a few quick optimization tips you can implement to ensure your website is all geared-up and ready to go.
Location, Location, Location
It sounds simple and straightforward, but you’d be surprised at how many businesses are not mentioning their location consistently throughout their website. Ensure you mention the city or region you’re based in within the following areas:
- In the title of your main landing page.
- In a few H1 tags. These headings are not only good for customers to see, but also for search engines who use H1 tags to learn more about your business and index information.
- Insert your city or region naturally throughout your website content. Be careful of mentioning it too much as this could start to be seen as spammy by Google and can hurt your rankings.
Consistency and Technical Optimization
To make your website more user-friendly, ensure your business name, address and phone number (NAP) is listed consistently on every page. This can be as simple as making sure your business information is in the footer of your website.
Optimize images. Do you have a lot of photos on your website? The Alt attribute is a great place to add keywords and your business location in order to optimize your images.
Be mobile-friendly. With the prevalence of smartphones and the increased importance that Google is placing on mobile search, you have to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. Many people perform quick Google searches on their smartphones. If your website isn’t displaying or functioning properly, your customers will bounce to your competitors.
Map it out. Embedding a Google map displaying your business location is helpful to both visitors and search engines.
Use on-page markup schemas. Markup schemas make it easier for search engines to display richer and more relevant results to users on search engine results pages. Check out Schema.Org which uses a standard markup schema that’s currently used by Google, Bing, Yahoo! and Yandex.
Benefits of Local SEO
You may be wondering, “How exactly does all of this help my business?” Here are a few benefits of using these Local SEO optimization tactics:
- Improves online visibility. It’s a myth that if “you build it, they will come.” Having a responsive website is a good starting point; however if search engines aren’t finding your website, that means potential customers aren’t either.
- Directs traffic to both your website and physical storefront.
- Promotes brand awareness and builds online authority.
The benefits of optimizing local SEO tactics are proven and can help grow your customer base and improve your bottom line.
If you’d like to learn more about local SEO, contact Lead to Conversion today for more information and a free quote.