Let The Experts Handle Your High Quality Link Building Campaign
Backlinks can be viewed as a vote for your website’s popularity. Backlinks, also referred to as Inbound Links (IBLs), starts with site content and then having the right SEO strategies in place to gain traffic, which is a major requirement for search engine ranking success. Link development is the overall concept of having the right backlinks in place.
Search engines, like Google, assign values to links based on the search engines’ evolving and proprietary algorithms. Due to the value that search engine, like Google, places on backlinks, building quality, credible backlinks are important in any SEO strategy. While we don’t always know the details about the metrics that engines are using to evaluate them, our experience, and testing allow us to arrive at the assumptions that provide the basis for our best-practices in SEO, including link acquisition. Often, these best-practices are known as “white-hat SEO” which means that the tactics are aligned with the search engines’ requirements to see quality as a sign of authority for your site.
Just as SEO strategies should not exclude acquiring high-quality links, link development should not stand alone as an SEO tactic.
Over the years, ranking factors have changed and evolved. In the current environment, the following are the most important ranking factors for 2017:
- Content that is inclusive of keywords, but written in natural language.
- Quality backlinks from diverse and authoritative domains. In other words, quality, not quantity.
- Mobile-first user experience since Google crawls for mobile versions of your site first.
- Other technical factors about the site such as diverse and organic anchor text.
With content and online mentions standing out as key ranking factors that determine how well a site will perform in organic search; and Google’s ability to judge the quality of backlinks, it is also important to consider evaluating the quality of all backlinks that currently exist for your site. There is no reason to start a campaign without also assessing the quality of the current portfolio. If “spammy,” bad or low-quality mentions are hindering your site’s ability to rank, it is just as important to address them as it is to build new quality ones.
Why Bad Links Exist and What to do About Them
There are several reasons why they exist which range from over-optimized text or mentions on unrelated websites. The good news is that there is a way to evaluate where they exist and a recommended process to remove them. In cases where requests to remove them doesn’t produce the results you are looking for, there is also a process that allows you to request that Google “disavow” the offending placements.
Is your site ready? Before jumping right in, there are a few things to consider:
- Is your site worthy?
- Do you have valuable content or something of value for your audience?
- How does your existing portfolio “inventory” look?
Once your site is ready, it comes down to building relationships, offering quality content and targeting the right audiences for amplification. Here are some solid (authentic) tactics:
Outreach can take on the form of emails, direct messages, @mentions on Twitter and phone calls. Yes. Phone calls.
- The effective acquisition should take on the form of building relationships with webmasters who have the “power” to consider whether or not your site is up to the standards they want to include when adding your site’s mentions.
Broadcast and content distribution with social sharing, press releases, blog posts, and email campaigns.
- PPC and social ads provide an opportunity to extend your outreach, broadcast and content distribution efforts by targeting only those people who have expressed an interest or would benefit from what you have to offer.
With our knowledge and experience, we’ll conduct a thorough analysis to determine problems and opportunities for improvement.