Squarespace SEO Experts
Squarespace search engine optimization is a huge task, but you can’t avoid it if you want to climb to the top of the search engine results pages. From correct formatting to Google My Business, dwell time and alt text, every aspect of your website matters. You might have an idea about SEO and content marketing. However, if you’re not an expert and don’t have the capacity to treat it like a full-time job, it’s unlikely you’ll get the most out of Squarespace SEO.
That’s where Lead to Conversion steps in. We’ve got a proven track record of optimizing Squarespace websites for organic SEO and local visibility. Partner with us and we’ll send your website flying up the search engine rankings, leaving you free to deliver an exceptional product or service using our SEO tools and thorough knowledge of Squarespace templates and CMS.
Ready for a free website assessment and consultation? Contact us today to learn more at 855-473-6582
What Is Squarespace SEO?
Squarespace SEO optimization is an umbrella term for all the steps you take to make your website fulfill the expectations of search engines’ algorithms. When sorting through web pages, these algorithms take into account a broad range of specific criteria — over 200 in Google’s case. They read your Squarespace site differently compared to a website created by WordPress or Wix.
As such, to get the best results out of your Squarespace SEO efforts, you need to understand everything that goes into optimization. Additionally, in today’s fast-paced and ever-changing landscape, you need to keep up on the constant development of new strategies and tricks. Some aspects of SEO are technical, while others require strong creative output, so getting it right requires a specialized skill set.
Squarespace SEO Services
There’s a lot involved in tweaking your Squarespace site so that search engines recognize its value. Some of the functions we’ll perform on behalf of your website are:
- Site audit and analysis
- Competitor research
- Keyword research
- Page URLs
- Page titles
- Page descriptions
- Landing page development (new pages)
- Content marketing via blogging
- Headings and subheadings
- Anchor text
- Navigation optimization
- Speed optimization
- Conversion rate optimization
- Google My Business optimization
- Fix broken links and new backlink acquisition
- Google Analytics
How to Improve SEO for Squarespace
Getting into specifics, there are two types of search engine optimization for Squarespace sites. First, there’s on-page SEO, which includes all the coding, backlinks, landing pages, your blog, page speed, design, navigation, etc. Then there’s off-page SEO, Google My Business (Google Maps/Google Local), guest posting, social posts, brand mentions, etc.
On-Page SEO Checklist
- Make sure you’re HTTPS (ssl certificate) secure and HSTS enabled.
- Optimize your website for speed using a variety of tools. You’d be surprised how much certain features can slow down your site. We can help you to implement compression tools, get the fonts right, test out the AMP format (if applicable), reduce DNS lookup time and make sure Vimeo and YouTube settings are correct if you have videos on the site.
- You’ve probably heard what a big deal keywords are for SEO, and their importance can’t be overstated. However, not many people understand the delicate balance of keyword strings that’s now required for Google’s algorithm to rank sites. Ranking difficulty, search volume and plenty of other factors contribute to excellent keyword use, in addition to the keywords themselves.
- Dwell time is one of the newer but most crucial factors of on-page Squarespace SEO optimization. This means the content must be engaging enough to hold readers’ attention. It also means you need to include plenty of internal links and use a navigation structure that makes it easy for leads to convert.
- Ensure there’s a 301 redirect in place where necessary.
- Optimize URLs.
- Title tags need to be formatted correctly on landing pages, product pages and blog pages.
- Use H1, H2 and H3 formats properly.
- Meta descriptions need to be optimized for SEO on each type of page on your Squarespace site.
- Search engines use image file names, title tags and alt tags on images to categorize websites.
- Schema markup for rich snippets.
- Content marketing plays a massive role in today’s competitive online marketplace. When you create in-depth and informative posts that relate to your industry and add value to readers, you’ll perform better in the search engine rankings. This is achieved through a combination of backlinking, keyword usage and high-quality content writing.
- Smart internal linking is absolutely crucial for the customer experience, so Google places high importance on it.
- External linking helps the search engines view your page as high quality — but only if you link to the right sites.
- Navigation needs to be simple but clever to effectively convert leads, and it’s a vital aspect of Squarespace SEO.
Off-Page SEO Checklist
- Ensure you’ve submitted an XML sitemap to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Sign up with Google My Business (GMB) to get your site into the local pack. This is the area where three local businesses appear underneath the Google Map of a local search result. For example, if someone types “graphic designer near me” into Google, the three search results that appear under the map are in the local pack. Getting in there involves a little insider knowledge and a thorough understanding of GMB.
As you can see, there’s quite a bit of work involved in optimizing your Squarespace website for search engines. We understand that small businesses have to be resourceful and creative — so we take all this work off your hands and let you focus on your customers.
Truly Leverage SEO in Squarespace Today
At Lead to Conversion, we’re Squarespace SEO experts, and we’re passionate about helping people get the most out of their websites. Call us today at 855-473-6582 to find out more.
We are in the business of helping you grow your business.
Lead to Conversion is Squarespace Digital Marketing Agency Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
Contact us today for a free consultation at 855-473-6582