If you want a website that not only promotes your business but also provides the best user experience both for your current and prospective clients, you need to hire a web design agency that knows their stuff.
A great web development company will customize the site to suit your particular business while utilizing the latest technology and content optimization methods to rank well in search engines.
Just as importantly, professional web designers will know exactly how to create a stellar user experience (UX) for those visiting your site. From ease of navigation to appealing format, UX is a key element in building a robust website that successfully converts visitors into customers.
How a Professional Web Design Agency Enhances User Experience
Here are a few tricks that any good web developer keeps in mind when designing a UX for business websites. Keep these in mind when monitoring the work done by your web design agency.
- White Space Usage: Many business owners feel that there is too much empty space or “white space” on their website and that it needs to be packed with as much information as possible. On the contrary, market research shows that white space around titles and headings increases user attention. It also gives a webpage a fresh, open, and modern look. Any good web designer should understand this.
- Page Speed: Visitors to your website expect your page to load quickly. A slow page load is very frustrating, and it will cause visitors to leave before they have even had a chance to peruse your products or services. Bear in mind that people are accessing your site from many different devices; tablets, laptops and mobile phones, so your website should be modified to suit them all. Make sure your site is responsive, meaning it looks and loads well on multiple platforms.
- Use of Bullets: Visitors want to get as much information as possible from your website in the shortest amount of time. Bullets points, headlines, and numbered lists allow users to find and digest all the information they need quickly and efficiently. You can get creative with bullets by using icons and images to further emphasize your point while sticking to your brand voice.
- Use of Images: Images are great, but you don’t want to overuse them. Your web design agency should have a well-balanced feel for images on a page to make the content more user-friendly, but also not to overload the page or the reader. It’s also best to avoid using stock photography whenever possible, especially widely used photos, because visitors may recognize certain pictures from elsewhere on the internet. This may reduce confidence in your unique business value. However, if you can find royalty free images that haven’t been overused, that might be a great alternative to having totally original photography or images.
- Awareness of 404s: When a user encounters a 404 error, it means that the page he or she was looking for could not be found. A 404 error will leave your visitors feeling frustrated and disinclined to return to your website. It’s important to have your site checked consistently to prevent this error from occurring. If it should happen, you can appease your visitors somewhat by providing a 404 page that is apologetic or even humorous. You should also ensure that the 404 page gives the visitor an opportunity to get back on track. Your web developer should be aware of this when creating a UX.
Want to learn more web design tips and tricks about professional web design? Contact Lead to Conversion today to discover how our expert team can redesign your website for the best user experience.
Known as the “Wordpress Ninja,” Dockman manages Responsive Web Design and development projects for LTC clients, oversees LTC’s team of designers and developers, and manages LTC's website support & maintenance programs. He also leads creative on other teams at LTC including conversion optimization, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and pay-per-click advertising.
Latest posts by Kevin Dockman (see all)
- 6 Web Design Trends That Will Dominate in 2018 - March 6, 2018
- 5 Web Design Tips For a Better User Experience - January 29, 2018
- 5 Ways to Make Sure Your Website Redesign Does Not Hurt Conversions - October 25, 2017